Scout Water weekend 2020-cancelled (tentative 2021 dates)

By on
In Uncategorized / 0 comments

Dear River Racers & Supporters,


Firstly, thank you for bearing with us in these difficult times. As you know we had hoped to be able to hold our Water Weekend in September but it is with great sadness that, due to Government Restrictions, we have decided that this will no longer be possible.

Whilst there has been some easing of the current lockdown situation, the safety of the Scouts and Leaders is our priority and we cannot operate safely under the necessary Government Covid 19 guidelines and restrictions that are in place. Mass participation events to include sporting events such as ours are still not permitted, with only groups of six people to be together outside at any time. This may ease further over the coming weeks but a number of our campers may still not be able to participate for health reasons.

I have been in touch with TYM and have provisionally booked for next year 11th, 12th & 13th June please let me know if this fits with your programme.

If it is your wish, we will of course refund your deposits in full or keep them until next year it’s up to you.

Vic Griffiths